Progress?

Thursday, January 22, 2009

I've done well with my quest to get back on the vacuuming wagon. I've done so every night of this year. My hubby has helped once or twice, but it has come back to the forefront of my mind. This is good.

I need to apply this strategy to other areas of my life. My weight, for instance, has become an issue with me lately. It has been slowly creeping up since the birth of my son, but I'm beginning to feel it. I'm 31 years old and I have less energy than I should.

Although I'm not at the point of being obese, I feel I need to get this under control now. I don't want to feel old.

So yesterday I decided to re-educate myself on food. I went to mypyramid.gov and printed out a ton of info on all of the food groups. I customized a plan for myself, regarding how many calories I should be eating and how many of each food group I should be eating to get those calories. I printed out food journals to keep track of my daily intake of each of the food groups and how much physical exercise I have done.

My goal is to journal my food intake in my binder for 30 days. At that point, either journalling will have become a habit and I will continue, or a new awareness of food will have become a habit and I won't need to journal.

I hope to find myself making progress through these steps. I think I've finally figured out that the only way I can change is through a concious introduction of a new and healthier habit. It's interesting to learn new things about myself.

0 comments: