In the Wind

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

There is something about wind that stirs something in me.  It conjures up a scream of excitement that sticks in my throat.  If I'm with my kids, I may let it out.  Of course, in the grown-up world, it is rarely appropriate to scream when excited.  This is why I work with kids.  The grown-up world is boring!

I just dropped off my students for gym.  This requires a walk from our building down to the main church building.  I noticed the wind and the weather on the way down.  On the way back, by myself, I savored it.  There is nothing quite like a breezy October day.  Better still, it's chapel day so I am wearing a skirt.   It was positively delicious to feel the wind whipping my skirt around my legs as I took to the long way back to my classroom.

Today would be a great day to pick a pumpkin.

1 comments:

Amber said...

I agree!!!! I love Fall so much. :) And I enjoy every moment I have of it.