back in the saddle

Monday, August 2, 2010

My favorite place in my house is my kitchen.  It isn't the perfect kitchen by any means.  I don't have the latest or greatest appliances, but I have cookbooks, ideas, and ingredients to make a lot of lovely meals.  What I haven't had, lately, is time.  Over the past few months, I have given in and passed the torch to my husband.  I've cast longing glances at my oven, Kitchen Aid mixer, and cast iron skillet as I headed upstairs to grade or study; it has been a while since I've put together a complete, home-cooked meal.

The other night I made some delicious rosemary cheeseburgers on garlic butter buns, but my husband helped with the side dish, so I don't feel like that counted.

Tonight I made Italian pork cutlets, baby carrots, acorn squash, and boiled potatoes.  It was soooo yummy.  While the the squash baked, I baked cupcake cones as well.  You should have seen how nicely my 5-year-old cleaned her plate when iced cupcake cones were within her field of vision!

My kitchen and I, we're back together. :)

0 comments: