Spooky

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

My daughter and I love to read spooky Halloween books.  Our favorites from the past few years have included Happy Halloween, Stinky Face and Ghosts in the House.


This year, as a surprise, I bought her Ghosts in the House as a Boo Day present.  She LOVES this book, and so do I.


The pictures in this book are gorgeous!  All the illustrations are done in three colors: orange, black, and milky white.  


The story follows a little girl and her innovative solution for the ghost problem in her new, haunted, house.

Another book that we have fallen in love with is Rattlebone Rock.  This book is so much fun to read!  There is an underlying rhythm that runs through the book.  The rhymes are delightful.  I think that it might be our pick for next year's Boo Day book.

1 comments:

Amber said...

Mrs.B! I love your new blog layout. Very nice. Hope you are doing well. :)