Poisoning my family?

Thursday, October 2, 2008

In a burst of efficiency, I decided to marinate chicken for tonight's dinner. I put chicken breasts in a casserole dish, covered them with diced tomatoes, and sprinkled it all with Italian seasoning.

This afternoon, my husband sent me an email at work asking if I wanted him to grill the chicken for dinner. I was happy to hand over dinner duty for tonight. It's progress report week, and any help is welcome.

As we sat down to dinner, I dished out tomatoes to everyone. My daughter and I were talking about how yummy they were. That's when it hit me--we hadn't cooked the tomatoes! My husband had microwaved them for less than a minute, but I don't think that would kill the bacteria.

We didn't nibble much of it, so hopefully no one gets sick!

0 comments: