My life is a merry melody

Saturday, October 11, 2008

I've had a wonderful day. My children spent the night at my parents' house last night, so I was able to sleep in until 9:30. Oh joy of joys!

My husband was still asleep, and my Lily cat looked at me like I was crazy for getting out of my snuggly bed.

I padded downstairs and enjoyed the silence. I perused through my daily catalog of online reads (friends' blogs, local news, facebook, my library checked-out list to see what is due to be returned soon). I got a little work done for my upcoming social studies unit plan. I made myself 2 one-eyed-jacks and ate them on one of my cute-as-pie chicken plates.:

See? Cute as pie.

I was just about to head upstairs to wake my hubby when my sister called. She was heading up to the Verizon store. She and I have the same phone and we are both experiencing the same issue (they turn off for no reason). So we decided to meet at the store and see what they would do.

I got dressed, woke my husband, and headed out to meet my sister. Verizon seemed unsurprised about the issue and will be sending out new phones to both of us on Monday. I'm happy for the new phone, but I am a bit wary it will happen again.

My sister had some other errands to run, so tagged along. It was so pretty that we walked everywhere, leaving our cars parked at the Verizon store.

The cutest part of the day was when I called my daughter to inquire which Disney princess is her favorite. We are going to Disney World next month and we thought it would be cute to get her a princess dress at the Halloween store. Sophie said, "Aunt Tracy is my favorite princess." It made both of us smile. She's such a sweetie.

My sister had an appointment at the hair salon to get her hair cut for Pantene's Beautiful Lengths (like Locks of Love, but they use more of the hair that is donated to them and make more free wigs). Her hair is so cute! I took pictures of the whole process.

So now I'm home with my little ones and my hubby. The pizza dough is rising for our weekend pizza night. The air has cooled a bit and I'm actually feeling a little chilly with the windows open. All in all, it's a beautiful night to match a beautiful day.

0 comments: