Planning to Recharge

Monday, October 13, 2008

It's inevitable. I can't get through December without feeling weighed down, tired, overtaxed, etc. What is supposed to be a count down to the celebration of our Savior's birth leaves me feeling less than holy.

Why am I talking about December now? Good question.

Last December, a new tradition was started. My mother, my sister, and I took the day off work for a mental health day. We spent the day outlet shopping, indulging in meals at restaurants we don't have near our town, and giggling ourselves silly. It was the birth of
Girls' Day Out.

This year I will need it even more than last year. We recently found out that my husband will be away on business during the week before Christmas. It would be hard enough were I your average working mom, but I am a teacher. The week before Christmas is fraught with rehearsals for the Christmas concert, the wrapping up of grades, and excited students. It's rough. So I am eagerly anticipating the
refueling that will take place at the beginning of the month.

As of today, we've begun our plans. We've chosen our date. There's even talk of scheduling hour-long massages on Girls' Day Out Eve. It will be
blissful!

0 comments: