October First

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Taking a page from the fabulous Nie (many many prayers), my family is celebrating the beginning of the fun month of October today. In my house, we celebrate Halloween. I know that some Christian families do not. We do. We dress up, trick or treat to a few friends' homes, and then head to our church for their Trunk or Treat event. It's a blast.

I love Halloween. I love all of the opportunities for baking fun treats. It makes me happy to be able to feed my family yummy treats.

So tonight we are watching The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad. We're having a special dinner of ghost shaped pancakes with chocolate chip eyes. I'll be thinking of Nie while I enjoy my family.

As horrible as her tragedy is, it's brought her into my life. And because of her example, I'm spending more time enjoying my family. God has blessed us through her.

0 comments: