Rainy Day

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Today will be a very rainy day. I know this because my faithful weatherman told me. I know because I traipsed into work, umbrella in hand, sloshing through puddles across the parking lot. I know because my body is telling me to go back to bed.

Now, the goofy part is that I am in a classroom with no windows. There are days when I don't see the sky from 7:45-3:00. Yesterday was one of those days. I brought my class downstairs, and we were about to head out to recess when I saw the rain drops. It was surprising.

So I'm in my little cave, knowing it is raining, and basing the way I feel on what the weather is like far from where I am, shimmering on the stonework of the building. I have a choice to make now. I can allow myself to feel the cold straight down to my bones, or I can create a sunny day in my classroom.

I may have to work extra hard at it, but I'm going to try to make the sun shine today. <3

0 comments: